Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks - The List

1. For Alex, the joy of my life. Healthy and thriving, joyful and filled with an infectious giggle; I wonder every day what I did to be so lucky.

2. Jym, world's most patient man. He puts up with my snits and foul moods. He tolerates my penchant for leaving crumbs on the counter and dirty dishes in the sink (and dirty clothes on the floor and shoes in the middle of the hall and books on every available surface in our bedroom and... well, you get the idea). He makes me laugh when I am angry and smile when I am sad. He is my strength.

3. My parents. They both have health problems and I am so grateful that they are still with us. We don't always get along and there are plenty of problems in our past, but I love them dearly and don't know what I'll do when they're gone.

4. My mother-in-law. She comes everyday and takes care of Alex while we work. She loves him so much and he adores her. I am blessed to have this woman in my life. She helped us buy our house and started Alex's college fund. She helps us in a million little ways and our lives would be poorer without her.

5. Leftover Halloween candy. I know, its not deep or meaningful, but damn... I do love some mini Reese's Cups.

6. My job. Less and less everyday, though. I'm burned out and in a place that offers no challenge or room for growth. It does provide a paycheck, however, so I can't argue with that.

What are you thankful for? Do you love Reese's as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely my family. I'm so glad my kids get to grow up around their relatives- it's worth the suck of still being in this town. And our families both help us out so.much. It's totally a blessing in every sense of that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the suck of living where you don't want to. I've been itching to move to Florida for years, but both of our families are here, so here we stay. I dream of warm weather and beaches, though.

    ReplyDelete