Saturday, April 10, 2010

Overheard

Right now, Alex should be taking a nap. He's been in there for about 30 minutes, and I have no idea what's actually going on in there, but this is what I'm hearing:

"Oopsie... I pick it up"
"Bubbles!" - huh?
"Blankie, I lub you."
"Hi kitty kitty" - um, no kitties here, just delusional babies
"I sorry, Mommy" - just break my heart, why don't you? Naps are not punishment, cross my heart.
"Oh, Wubbzy... wow wow"
"Doggie, doggie" - no dogs here, either
"I... thank you!"
"my Daddy"
"Ni hao"
"Which one?"
"Okay, hug me" - Almost got me with this one, but I manage to resist the cute.
"Wheeee" - checks monitor, toddler is safely contained in crib, breathes sigh of relief
"My feet, Mommy's feet, Mickey's feet" - There's not even a stuffed Micky in there, where does he come up with this stuff?

He's currently rolling around in the crib, wrapping himself in his blanket and asking for Grandma. I'm giving it ten more minutes and then I surrender... no nap for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment