Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Diary of a Quitter: Day 1

Today is the day. I'm quitting smoking. This is the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm a mass of quivering nerves, churning gut and shaking hands.

It's been 9 hours since my last cigarette. I want one so badly; I can't even put it into words. I've smoked for almost 18 years and I don't know what to do with myself.

It's not just the nicotine addiction, although that's quite the bitch. I don't know what to do with my hands. I don't know how to take a break without a cigarette in my hand. What will I do on hot summer days, when the sun beats down and there's a book waiting to be read?

Day one, this sucks.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl. It'll be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! Keep it up.

      I've got a couple ideas of things to do with your hands: knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, etc. Pick up a craft, or do a puzzle!

      As for the hot summer day with the sun and a book? Drink some sweet tea, chew gum or something of that sort.

      Good luck.

      Delete
  2. I cannot find your email address. You won the giveaway on my site for Trop50 but I will have to pass it onto someone else if I don't hear back from you... :(

    ReplyDelete