Friday, November 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo

Oh, look, it's NaBloPoMo time again. You know what that means... another year in which I pledge to write everyday and then flake after about three posts.

It's not that I don't have anything to say; there's a constant stream of ideas in my head. Unfortunately, by the time I get done all the things that I have to do most of those ideas have evaporated into a misty, vaguely blog shaped form in the back of my sleep deprived brain.

But! This year will be different. This year I will write. I'm already at the computer, working on school stuff, so surely I can spare a few minutes for this neglected space. I won't be using any of the prompts that are popping up all over the Internet as we speak. I tried that last year and it felt too much like homework. What I will do is just sit down and write. If it pops into my head, it's going on the blog.

I have a lot going on right now. I'm in school now, working on my nursing degree. I'm just in the starting stage right now, so there's a lot of "Why do I have to take this class? Oh, everyone has to take it." English Comp for example, which I have to take in two semesters (Comp I & II). For someone who loves to write so much, you'd think it would be a breeze, but it's actually pretty boring. Also, my professor doesn't seem to like my writing style and I keep getting marked off for things that are not actually, technically, incorrect. To this I say "blerg." There's not much I can do about it, and at my age I'm not likely to make many major changes in the way I write, so I'm hoping to just get through the class with a decent grade and get a different professor for Comp II.

Alex is in Kindergarten, and doing well. He blew through the reading program that they use in about 8 weeks, so the school bought him a license for the 3rd grade program and he's working on that. They earn points for the activities and quizzes in the program and his teacher set his goal at 10 points. He's earned 2 already in the week he's been using it, so I think you can see where this is going.

Alrighty, my typing fingers are already tired from working on my Public Speaking assignment, so I'm signing off for tonight. If you're lucky, I might motivate myself to upload the Halloween photos tomorrow so you can see Alex in all his cuteness. Until then I leave you with this:

Seriously,isn't he the cutest kid in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment